you are your own kind, stay unique
There are so many chemicals and sketchy ingredients in the products being bought in stores. Beauty stores, Drug Stores, Supermarkets. The lotions, creams, basically most any skin product may have long or/and jumbled components really hard to pronounce, that may mean ‘they are natural,’ or ‘fake/man made chemicals,’ or ‘this came from an animal,’ or even worse, ‘this came from animal bones and feces.’ …..Gross.
Just because a paid well seen human being advertises the product on tv/social media, showing off a “perfect glow” that may have came from really good lighting or talented makeup artists. Some claiming natural ingredients even.
It may just be more awesome to make your own! Plus! These actual natural ingredients are very beneficial for your skin!
Lets talk about it!
Now, these three ingredients exhibit great health benefits! And they are used in a variety of cosmetics, creams, lotions and medicinal formulas in combination with other additives or natural ingredients.
The botanical elements in this healing skin process we are using are:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil,
- 1 cup shea butter,
- 1/2 cup almond oil.
you can use any other substitute if you want, such as olive oil, jojoba oil, or any other healthy organic oil
1. Melt the shea butter and coconut oil together. This can be done either in the top of a double broiler, or out in the sun (on a hot day probably). Whatever you prefer. After it is melted, remove from the heat source and let cool for 30 min.
2. Now you can stir in almond oil and essential oils, or any other skin ingredient you want. Your choice, babe.
3. Wait til oil starts to partially solidify, and put in blender/processor to mix til its a butter-like consistency. Should take a few minutes.
4. Place in a glass jar and enjoy!
5. PS if you are making this in the summer, you can put in fridge for awhile til it becomes solid.
We were supposed to talk about those benefits, right?
Shea Butter contains plant antioxidants, such as Vitamin A & E. These vitamins protect cells from free radicals and environmental damage (pollution is not good for skin).
Coconut Oil contain fatty acids (caprytic and lauric) which reduce inflammation internally and externally, and moisturize, making them a great solution for all types of skin conditions. It protects the skin and has many antioxidants that make it ideal for healing the skin.
Almond Oil contains Vitamin E, which minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It has antioxidative properties, which protects the skin against UV radiation damage and keeping the skin soft and supple.
What else did I use? I personally added Rosewater, which is soothing & protecting & Noni juice, for healing and healthy skin. Also Kate’s Magic Aura mist: Stream of Success/ Cedarwood & Red Mandarin.
Read on for more info: